Wednesday, May 5, 2010

UNIT3 Topics

I'm not completely sure, but writing about myself and my family seems a bit distressful. I love writing so I'll just come out with it now. I have chose my topic on some form of Bipolar Disorder. I will use that term know matter how my paper goes. Now what I mean by it refering to me me is, it is me. Its my family and its seems to posses everything and anything I've pretty much done or have had done in my life. That is not to say I hang on every word of such a disorder and use it to an excuse. Most day I am great and at this present time in my life I am not medicated. Like most kids I was depressed often and slightly anit social, and humor was funny when others hurt themselves it was slightly morbid but it didnt pertain to me so I found it amusing. Now I had an erratic mother and she was very obsessive compulsive about everything her life. Or as a child I never wanted to step on her toes. I feard my mother. She was like I dont know Mommy Dearest, not always but a lot. In fact some things she does not recollect an of course she wouldnt mania is strange thing and does very weird things to the mind. As a teenager I always felt weird different disconnected. All the counselors always told me it was normal for these things given my past history. Howerver something just didnt seem productive to me and self harm was my own outlet. I would at first bite myself in places know one could see until I had horrible bruises or just almost break the skin. I'll leave it at that. I however got pregnant at a young age and honestly thought that some how this baby was going to save me from myself. Cause up until this point it was really time for my life to end, it was just a matter of how to consister it, I really couldnt stand my own skin. He was the most sweetest awesomest baby any teenager girl would be lucky to have. He was my world. However the hormones snapped in me and I become more adjitated and disconnected. Not exactly from him, but when he was about two I can remember almost being outside myself looking at the situation and realizing I was repeating behavior I Knew was NOT acceptable. I got Help, or so I thought, they did a lot of shuffling around with me till it seemed everything pointless, I knew I had to keep track of this weirdness so I didnt wig out on my kid. Then a doctor talked me one day and my sons dad and between all of us, gave me some question I answered an then I realized I was bipolar II. I was 19. I might continue this tell later.

6 comments:

  1. Sugar my late husband was Bipolar so I know alittle bit about what you go though...it's not an easy world for you but it looks to me that your smart and getting the help that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sugar. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so openly. I have a friend that is Bipolar, so I know somewhat of your problem. You are a very intelligent lady and are aware of your condition. I believe that as you research it, you might learn even more. Good luck on your thesis !!
    Denise Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud that you are feeling better at this time. It is a constant battle, but you must fight hard for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. My husband has a few people in his family that are bipolar. I am really close to one of them and know that being bipolar is a constant battle. You just have to do your best to stay strong and let your doctor know if you start feeling down again so he can give you new medicine to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As of this time in my life I am not on medications, which I know is not always a good thing, but I can not afford it nor a doctor, I have not medical. Up until now I've been able to sructure myself with out to many set offs, however today at present isnt to be a good one, but I am still trying.. Thanks everyone

    ReplyDelete